Thursday, July 28, 2011

Under the Mag: Flybird

Abina Mag is all about highlighting Africa and Fashion, this includes African designers. I was warmly welcomed by Flybird’s young, Ghanaian and talented designer, Franky Boateng at his working place in Bink 36 in The Hague, the Netherlands. The designer, Franky Boateng and his team have poured their passion for bags into his own accessories line called FlyBird.

Why bags?
“I love making bags, there is where my passion lies, and therefore I choose to make bags. Flybird did not come overnight, I worked hard for it. I cultivated the love that I have for bags into my own creations. And later on, the team behind Flybird grew into 4 members which I have now.”


What’s up with Flybird? “There’s a long story to how I came up with that name. The message behind it is: that each individual should fly after her dream, that’s the way to make any dream work into reality.” Furthermore, my creativity and style definitely shows in Flybird’s collection.

What’s next for Flybird?

Flybird has appeared in media such as Grazia magazine and is continuing to catch the eye of those that love a raw trendy good leather bag. Not only leather bags, but also bags combined with denim, for example. For the lovers of quality and rawness, Flybird has it all for you.

Fore more, visit Flybird website and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment