Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We last, because we make it work

Heartbreak is something that we all we deal with. Some of us experience a great success in our love relationships and some of us don’t. What we all have in common is that we all want our relationships to work and last. I interviewed young couples who have been together for years. We asked them this question: why are you still together and what made your relationship work?

''Me and my lady have been married for 5 years now, after being together for 5 years. We have 2 children and I love her more than the day I met her. She is still as pretty as she always was and most importantly, she is the mother of my children. We are both Ghanaians and we haven’t had any cultural problems so far. Sometimes cultures and traditions can clash ones you live in a European country. I believe what made our relationship work is that we be both stay innovative. I make sure that I understand her well enough. Men are most likely to act without thinking. My lady thinks for the two of us, I believe (laugh). We both stay innovative and young minded. I keep up with her paste and she keeps up with mine. We still take the time to date and I keep her as my best friend at all times. That makes our relationship work. "

Emanuel W. 34 – The Netherlands


"I am a 28 year old young African woman and I recently got married, after having a relationship for 10 years. What’s interesting about my story is that I started my relationship with my man at young age and we are of 2 different cultural backgrounds. I am Congolese and he is from Togo. At first, my parents did not approve of our relationship at all. What made it worth the while is that in spite of all the drama, we choose to remain in a peaceful relationship. He gave me enough space to let me be me. Of course there were tons of times when we broke up., but we found our ways back, because we make a good match. He’s complimentary to my personality and I am to his. We both like the arguments from time to time and we both love making up. I say: we both as weird, but that makes us a perfect match. My family by the way, had learned to love him. "

Endarra M. Dubai

Truth of a matter is that many relationships do work out. Many find more excuses to jump out of/lie/cheat. If you don’t want a commitment, don’t be in a relationship. At least find a partner who is your match. And if you’re too scared to keep a man or a woman, get over your fear and take a chance. More on love and relationships next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment